straight talk apn settings
Straight talk apn settings – Dummy proof guide
Straight talk apn settings – Dummy proof guide. If you came across this article it is very likely that you are one of the many people needing help setting up the apn or mss settings on their straight talk phones. We’ve provided some guide on how to set up these settings on this phone and now decided to re-write a complete dummy proof guide so that you can have these straight talk apn settings working right away
Straight talk apn Settings – Choose your service provider:
To start with, there are two Official versions of the Straight talk apn settings, one for those using Straight Talk AT&T service and another for those folks on the Straight Talk T-Mobile service: So please locate the settings that correspond to your provider.
Straight Talk AT&T service
If you are using AT&T as service provider, then please use the following values:
Name: straight talk
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
You don’t need to setup a username nor password.
Straight Talk T-Mobile service
For those folks running on T-Mobile, please us these:
Name: straight talk
MMS Proxy: Leave blank
MMS Port: Leave blank
Again, for user name and password leave it in blank
How to enter these straight talk apn settings in your phone:
- If you have an Android phone: Settings>More>Mobile networks>Access Point Names>Menu>. You can also watch this Youtube video for step by step guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI9NBWYn2Vo
- If you have an iPhone or iPad: Setup > General > Network > Mobile Data
- Delete any existing APN you have in the phone, then reboot it
- Go back to the APN Settings menu and Enter The corresponding Straight Talk APN Settings listed above
- Save the settings and reboot the phone again
- You should now be able to browse the internet and send or receive mms in your straight talk
What happens if I cannot send or receive MMS in the Straight Talk Phone?
OK, this is a pretty common issue we have seen that many people are facing. If after properly configuring the above APN Settings you are still not able to send or receive MMS messages in your straight talk phone, then please try this:
Install one of these applications and try (Textra, Chomp SMS, Handcent, Go SMS Pro)
Check which is your default SMS app in your phone. Go to Settings>More>Default SMS App, from there try to switch to the one you downloaded and use it as Default
straight talk apn settings MMS issue
Try sending or receiving MMS with the app now.
Note: Inside those applications there is a place where you need to setup the Straight talk MMS settings (Settings – MMS Settings) and try inputting the MMS Settings provided above. If this is still not working, please read our Straight Talk MMS Issue troubleshooting guide
If you have questions or doubts, please leave us a comment.